• Enjoy a guided 16km hike through the longest and most impressive of Europe’s limestone gorges, a magnificent example of Crete’s many gorges, stretching from the White Mountains down to the Libyan sea.
• Leave early in the morning and passing through several beautiful villages we reach the plateau of Omalos.
• The hike will take you along a breathtaking and constantly changing landscape, to Agia Roumeli, a laid back coastal village by the South coast, accessible only by boat.
• The tour will allow you a chance to experience this must-see natural phenomenon at a slower pace, attended to by a specialized guide.
• At the base of the gorge you can enjoy a refreshing swim and lunch at one of the local tavernas. After an hour’s sail to the nearby port, you will be transferred back to Chania in the evening.
Tour Time: Approximately 13 hours
Group Size: Available as a private tour or small group up to of 12 people
Yacht Cruise to Balos
• A cruise on a luxury 50 foot Ferreti motor yacht starts from Chania port and in 90 minutes, with a speed of 20-25 knots, takes you to the azure waters of Balos, a world known Cretan landmark and one of most photographed spots on the island.
• Reaching the islet of Gramvousa, you can walk up the small path leading to the top and enjoy the stunning view of the Venetian castle and the breathtaking outlook towards the west and the lagoon.
• You will swim in the crystal sea away from the crowds and when back on board you will enjoy a light lunch with wine and refreshments.
• Heading back towards Chania we will sail around the islet of Theodorou, a reserve for the rare Cretan wild goat, before our return in the old harbor in the evening.
Tour Time: Approximately 9 hours
Group Size: Available as a private charter for up to 8 people
Places, People & Flavors of Crete
• Visit is to the monastery of Agia Triada Tzagarolon. Built in the 17th century, with a majestic cruciform church, it is set on a wonderfully overgrown landscape of olive groves, vineyards and cypress trees. We will visit the premises and learn about their production of organic olive oil and wine.
• the verdant province of Apokoronas, we will stop by the Fortress of Koules, set on an impressive position with views over Souda Gulf.
• a stop is at the tiny Maheri, one of the most authentic and unspoilt Cretan villages for a stroll around its alleys and refreshments at a typical ‘kafenion’.
• a visit to the studio of a known local ceramicist. The house, featured many times in Greek and international press, is an excellent example of traditional architecture, renovated in perfect harmony with the surrounding countryside.
• a delicious rustic meal at a family-run tavern, located on a privileged vista point overlooking the valley and the sea.
Tour Time: Approximately 6 1/2 hours
Group Size: Available as a private tour or small group up to of 10 people
Food Lovers’ Walk of Chania
• Join our knowledgeable guide to this mouth-watering walk around Chania that combines a stroll through its known sights and the lesser known quarters with visits to authentic and colorful food stores and old school eateries.
• Get a glimpse into the past and living history of Chania, architecture and lifestyle as you walk the town, while exploring Crete’s flavors and aromas.
• Speak with the people behind the scenes and taste local culinary delights, such as the syrupy “loukoumades”, traditional “bougatsa” pie, honey, rusks, olives, herbs & spices.
Tour Time: Approximately 2 1/2 hours
Group Size: Available as a private tour or small group up to of 6 people
Liadis Travel, Ltd.
Liadis Travel is a proud member of the Virtuoso Travel Network. Wehave been in business since 1979 and pride ourselves in planning trips any where in the world with our specialty being travel to Greece.
Liadis Travel, Ltd. 3129 West Chester Pike Newtown Square, PA 19073 610.353.8330 firstname.lastname@example.org